1. Half of the people have a smaller than average sized heart and half have a larger than average sized heart. In which group would you expect the heart rate to be higher? Explain your answer.
2. In general, females have a higher heart rate than males. What explanation can you give for this difference?
3. What important molecule is carried by blood entering the left heart pump and is not in the blood entering the right heart pump?
4. If the fetal hole between the right and left atria does not close, what happens to the blood in these two chambers?
5. Which ventricle operates under the most pressure (does the most work)?
6. What would happen to the pressure in the two ventricles if there was a hole between them?
7. What would the heart do to compensate for the pressure problem created by a ventricle hole? Hint: People with this abnormal hole must have it repaired while they are young or they won’t live long.
8. A patient is told that she has a narrowing of the right coronary artery. Which chambers of her heart are going to be affected the most by this disorder? Which chamber on the right side has to do the most work and could be the most serious health concern?
9. A group of patients were told that they had plugged arteries in their hearts. In aIDition, they had all suffered a similar size of heart attack. All of these patients survived. Some of them had parts of their injured hearts return almost to normal after several months. The other patients had no such luck. Explain these differences in terms of coronary circulation.
10. A heart attack on which side of the heart would probably cause the most serious immediate risk to the person?
11. What would happen to blood flow if one of the valve “cords” broke? Be specific.
12. What would happen to blood flow if one of the valves was scarred by disease, narrowing the opening?
13. If you had a moderate heart valve problem, what would the heart have to do to compensate?
14. On which side of the heart would a moderate heart valve problem have more consequence to your health? Explain your answer.
15. Arteriosclerosis hardens the artery wall with scar tissue. If arteries have been partially injured by arteriosclerosis and the arterial wall is less flexible than normal, then would the pulse be stronger or weaker than normal? Why?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support