1. Complement is normally:
a. present in an active state in the blood.
b. present in an inactive state in the blood.
c. considered a first line of defense.
d. a passive type of immunity.
2. Another name for “hardening of the arteries” is:
a. angina pectoris.
b. myocardial infarction.
3. The tunica externa is made up of __________ tissue.
4. The arch of aorta is a(n):
5. In clot formation, prothrombin is converted to:
6. Atherosclerosis results from a buildup of __________ on the inside wall of blood vessels.
7. Which of the following substances is not found in plasma?
d. All of the choices apply
8. When the ventricles contract, blood in the right ventricle is pumped through the semilunar valve into the:
a. pulmonary veins.
b. pulmonary artery.
c. superior vena cava.
9. Thrombocytes are necessary for:
a. blood clotting.
b. body defense.
c. transporting glucose.
d. transporting oxygen.
10. If the left ventricle pumps 70 mL of blood into the aorta, and the heart beats 70 times per minute, which of the answers below is the closest to the amount of blood that would enter the aorta and arteries every minute?
a. 3 liters
b. 4 liters
c. 5 liters
d. 6 liters
11. The skin and mucous membranes are examples of:
a. the first line of defense.
b. the second line of defense.
c. the third line of defense.
12. The tonsils located near the base of the tongue are called the __________ tonsils.
13. Pulmonary circulation involves movement of the blood:
a. throughout the heart.
b. throughout the body.
c. from the right side of the heart to the lungs.
d. from the left side of the heart to the lungs.
14. Blood entering an artery has just left which heart chamber?
a. Left ventricle
b. Left atrium
c. Right ventricle
d. Either the left ventricle or the right ventricle
15. Rh-positive blood contains Rh antigens on its red blood cells.
16. Blood enters the right atrium through the:
a. superior vena cava.
b. pulmonary arteries.
c. pulmonary veins.
17. In fetal circulation, the ductus venosus:
a. removes blood from the fetus to the placenta.
b. connects the pulmonary artery with the aorta.
c. bypasses the liver.
d. shunts blood from the right atrium into the left atrium.
18. Which part of the QRS complex represents the repolarization of the atria?
a. The Q wave
b. The R wave
c. The S wave
d. None of the choices apply
19. On an ECG, the T wave represents:
a. depolarization of the atria.
b. repolarization of the atria.
c. depolarization of the ventricles.
d. repolarization of the ventricles.
20. Type AB blood contains both A and B antigens on the red blood cells.
21. A heartbeat that is less than 60 beats per minute is called:
c. sinus dysrhythmia.
22. Which of the following is not usually found in lymph?
a. Excess fluid
b. Protein molecules
d. All of the choices apply
23. Cardiogenic shock will most likely occur from:
a. myocardial infarction.
24. Which of the following is a superficial vein in the arm?
a. Great saphenous
25. Complement causes cells to:
c. change shape and color.
d. become parasitic.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers