1. Which of the following would not represent the study of physiology?
Measuring the respiratory rate of a person after a mile sprint.
Calculating the daily caloric intake of an athlete
Dissecting the kidney to observe the interior.
Determining the fasting blood sugar level of a patient.
Analyzing the EKG of a patient.
2. Which of the following describes an organ?
Molecules organized into a living unit
One or more cells with a specific function
At least two cell types organized for a specific function
One tissue type organized for a specific function
Two or more tissue types organized for a specific function
3. What organ system has the function of protecting and supporting body organs?
4. What is the correct anatomical term for the neck area of the human body?
5. Place the following in correct sequence from the simplest to most complex:1.molecules2.atoms3.tissues4.cells 5.organs
6. What organ is considered part of the digestive system because it is responsible for the breakdown of some food types?
7. Which of the following is a correct statement about homeostasis?
The effector sends the stimulus to the control center
The receptor is enhanced by the control center
The response causes disease
The receptor sends the stimulus to the control center
The control center sends the message to the receptor
8. What is the process of removal of wastes from the body?
9. The human body responds to a lack of supply of oxygen by rapidly producing red blood cells. What is this is an example of?
Negative feedback mechanism to restore homeostasis
Positive feedback mechanism to restore homeostasis
A homeostatic imbalance that will result in disease.
A response independent of homeostasis
Negative homeostasis that increases the oxygen supply
10. What plane divides the body into anterior and posterior sections?
11. In anatomical position, the great toe is located on what side of the foot?
12. A scientific experiment was conducted to assess the effectiveness of a new compound in reducing a high fever. Fifty patients received sugar pills instead of the new compound, and 50 patients were given the new compound. Which of the following statements is true?
The 50 patients receiving the sugar pills are called the experimental group
The 50 patients receiving the new compound are called the experimental group
The independent variable is the temperature
The measured results would be the amount of compound given
The control group is the patients receiving the new compound
13. Which of the following is a correct statement about cells of the human body?
They do not need oxygen.
They do not reproduce.
They are identical in shape and size.
They specialize in function.
They contain cell walls.
14. Cells that are involved in activities requiring excessive energy will have an abundance of what organelle?
15. What is the formation of a small pocket around a liquid substance by the plasma membrane?
16. What are the cellular extensions that move substances along the cell surface called?
17. Mitosis results in the formation of which of the following?
Proteins necessary for survival
Two daughter nuclei that have the same DNA as the mother nucleus
Stored energy necessary for cellular functions
Four daughter cells with half the DNA of the mother nucleus.
18. Which of the following is a function of a plasma membrane protein?
Molecular transport through the membrane
To form a lipid bilayer
19. What are the four major tissue types?
Connective, cartilage, muscle and bone
Bone, muscle, epithelia, nervous
Bone, muscle, connective, epithelia
Epithelia, muscle, nervous, connective
Epithelia, muscle, blood, nervous
20. Which of the following describes epithelial tissue?
It is highly vascular.
It has a basement membrane.
It is usually acellular.
It contains a number of neuron types.
It does not regenerate.
21. Which of the following describes DNA synthesis?
Nucleotides separate into three different codons.
DNA uncoils and separates into 2 nucleotide chains.
DNA clumps and forms a double helix.
DNA replicates during metaphase.
DNA leaves the nucleus through the nuclear pores.
22. The shape of the external ear is maintained by what tissue?
Stratified squamous tissue
23. Thyroid glands secrete their products directly into the blood rather than through ducts. What is this kind of gland called?
24. What is the first step in tissue repair?
Replacement of destroyed tissue by the same kind of cells
Proliferation of fibrous connective tissue
Formation of scar tissue
Repair of blood vessels
25. What is scar tissue?
Weakly woven reticular fibers
Dense connective tissue
Regenerated epithelial tissue
A tangle of damaged nerve fibers
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers