Topic: What Should You Eat?
You probably want to live a long and healthy life on this earth. What are you willing to do to make that possible? Here is an assignment that can improve the quality of what you eat, and hence, the quality of your life. Let us develop the rudiments of a maintenance diet for you-a desirable, workable, realistic, non-fad maintenance diet-one you follow permanently. You have 4 reference sources:
Your textbook’s chapter on biomolecules-how they are built and used
The Bible’s many prescriptive texts regarding nutrition (ignore “descriptive” texts)
The course presentation entitled “Biomolecules and Nutrition”
Trustworthy sources such as the Mayo Clinic website (e.g., http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/basics/nutrition-basics/HLV-20049477)
The foods you select will contain the same classes of biomolecules that you read about in your textbook: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids, vitamins, and minerals. Use the following procedure to build your diet.
For your thread:
1. Work directly in the assignment’s text box, not in a Microsoft Word document, to avoid having to attach your work. Attached documents will automatically lose 5 points.
2. Go to the Mayo Clinic website: http://www.mayoclinic.com/. In the search box at the top of the page, type the phrase: “Healthy Weight Pyramid Tool” and click on the link to this program. It may take more than 30 seconds to load.
3. Fill in your personal data (maintaining weight is preferred to losing weight for now), clicking through the windows until you are given your own personal food pyramid based on a customized calorie-intact level.
4. In Blackboard, in your assignment text box, list the pyramid categories in this order: “Vegetables,” “Fruits,” “Carbohydrates,” “Proteins,” “Fats,” and “Sweets” (also listing your serving numbers beside each category).
5. Then, list 8 separate, specific foods (“leafy greens” or “seafood” are food categories, not specific foods) that are well known to be high in each category and that you would eat. Do not reuse any food under a second category. You will thus select 48 foods for your diet-not a huge variety, but a good start.
6. Along with your 6 lists of 8 foods each, submit 2 prescriptive Bible verses/passages that you feel most influence your thinking on this topic.
7. Spend the first part of this module/week optimizing your list. You may freely browse classmates’ lists to see what they have chosen (but then they become your authority). Your goal is always to improve your own list. Include about 54 words for your diet (6 headings + 48 foods), with space remaining for 2 Bible verses/passages (for a total of no more than 100 words).
Return to the Mayo Clinic website. In the search box, type the phrase: “Healthy Diet” and follow the search result links provided (e.g., “Healthy diet: Do you follow dietary guidelines?”). There are some excellent focusing suggestions here.
Most really good foods are high in more than 1 category. This gives you flexibility in building your list. For example, salmon is high in both proteins and fats. Which is it higher in? Use it under only 1 heading.
Foods differ in their density of a wide variety of nutrients as compared to just the calories they give you. Which sweet would be better for you: a hard candy or a fig bar?
What is in the food item you have selected? Look at the following: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/
Suppose Mayo Clinic wisdom and biblical wisdom seem to conflict. Which source will you defer to and why?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers