1. Web research on fungi-related food products (listed below)
2. Websites on invasive plant species http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxiousDriver
3. Website on animal model organisms http://www.nih.gov/science/models/
4. Application Assignment Rubric
Review the sections on fungi, plants, and animals in your textbook
Perform web research on fungi-related foods (listed below)
Investigate a website on invasive plant species (USA) or
Explore the NIH website on animal models
Respond to (1-5) in a single MS Word document, using complete sentences. Your response for all the five prompts combined should be at least 200 words for full credit. Please review the Application Assignment rubric for detailed expectations as your responses will be evaluated for completeness, content, comprehension, clarity, and citation.
Upload your responses to the appropriate area.
Prompt Section 1
In Unit 6, we learned about Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a single-celled yeast of the Fungi kingdom. S. cerevisiae is central to bread and alcoholic fermented beverages such as beer and wine. But these yeasts are by no means the only way humans enjoy fungi as food products! Below you will find groups of edible mushrooms, fungi-ripened cheeses, and fungi-fermented foods.
1. Choose a food from each of these three groups (Mushrooms, cheeses, fermented foods). For each example, find the scientific name of the organism that is eaten or that is involved in the processing of the food products. Give a few sentences of background on each of the foods you chose. Use citations and references appropriately.
Prompt Section 2
People often move plants from one part of the world to another. Sometimes, an introduced plant species becomes invasive, taking over native plant populations. Visit the website on invasive plant species. Choose a state (perhaps your home state or a state that interests you) and investigate the following questions.
2. What are some plants that are considered invasive for that state? Find one example and describe it, including whether it is a bryophyte, seedless vascular plant, gymnosperm, or angiosperm.
3. How are invasive species harmful? What can be done to stop the spread of invasive species?
Prompt Section 3
Biologists often study animals in an effort to better understand the workings of general biology, animal biology, and human health. Visit the NIH website on animal models to view examples of animals that are used as a model organisms for scientific research.
4. Name two animal organisms that are used in scientific research. To what phyla do these animals belong? Careful–Note that yeast, fungi, and social amoebae are not animals!
5. What types of discoveries have been advanced using the model organisms that you chose?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers