1. In humans, sickle-cell anemia is an example of co-dominance, when considered at the molecular level. People who are homozygous dominant produce all normal-shaped hemoglobin molecules. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that carries oxygen. People who are homozygous recessive produce all abnormally-shaped hemoglobin, which cannot carry oxygen very well. People who are heterozygotes produce some normal and some abnormal hemoglobin. If a person who is homozygous dominant for this allele produces children with someone who is heterozygous, will any of their children produce only abnormal hemoglobin? What percentage of their offspring will be homozygous versus heterozygous?
2. In humans, the ability to roll up the sides of the tongue into a U-shape is controlled by one gene. Ability to roll the tongue is dominant to the inability to roll it. If two people who can roll their tongues each had one parent who could not, what is the probability that they will have a child who cannot roll his/her tongue?
3. Suppose you had to figure out a tri-hybrid cross (dealing with three traits at once)! You will not be asked to do a Punnett Square for this, but you should be able to set it up. Suppose one parent organism is heterozygous for gene A, heterozygous for gene B, and homozygous recessive for gene C. Genes A, B, and C are each located on different chromosomes. Write that parent organism’s genotype: List all the gametes that this parent could produce:
4. Suppose an organism’s genotype is: AA Bb CC ID Ee (That’s considering 5 genes at once-assume each is on a different chromosome) Which of the following are gametes that it could not produce? For each, explain why not.
A B C d E
a B C D e
A B C D E
A B C D d E
A C d e
5. In humans, the allele for normal blood clotting is dominant to the allele for a type of hemophilia. This gene is located on the X chromosome. Two parents produced daughters who are all carriers of hemophilia and sons who are all normal. What are the probable genotypes of each parent?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support