1. The units of inheritance are
D) metabolic activities.
2. Which of the following includes other levels of hierarchy?
3. The first step in the scientific method is to
A) propose a solution.
B) draw a conclusion.
C) perform an experiment.
D) predict the results of an experiment.
E) identify a problem.
4. Which of the following concepts best describes the wide variety of dog species we observe, ranging from the domesticated golden retriever or the basset hound, to the wild dogs of Africa, to foxes?
A) special creation
D) inheritance of acquired characteristics.
5. The simplest entity that exhibits all of the properties of life is called a(n)
6. Organisms that have descended from the same initial group and have the ability to interbreed belong to the same
7. Which list is organized from smallest to largest level of organization of life?
A) organelles, tissues, cells, organ systems, organs, organisms
B) tissues, cells, organelles, organs, organ systems, organisms
C) organelles, cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, organisms
D) cells, tissues, organ systems, organelles, organs, organisms
E) organisms, organ systems, organs, tissues, cells, organelles
8. Young multicelled organisms usually start out small, then grow in size, and increase in complexity. This process is called:
9. To maintain order within their cells and organs, all living things must
A) be able to move.
B) constantly change.
D) extract energy from sunlight.
E) carry on metabolism.
10. Characteristics usually associated with life include all of the following except:
A) a high degree of organization.
C) lack of change from generation to generation.
D) responsiveness to stimuli.
11. If an ecologist is studying the cycling of carbon through a particular environment (which involves the movement of carbon through living things as well as through rock, air, and water), the scientist is studying at what level of ecology?
12. Scientists have found that ancient fossils
A) are less similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
B) are more similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
C) are very similar to present-day organisms.
D) are just as similar to present-day organisms as more recent fossils.
E) bear no resemblance to present-day organisms.
13. What is the term that describes the study of the relationship between living things and components of their environment?
14. Which of the following is considered to be the most basic living unit?
C) organ system
15. In populations, adaptation usually arises through
C) natural selection.
16. The scientific name for the black-footed ferret is Mustela nigripes. The name Mustela indicates the _____________________ to which the organisms belongs.
17. All the living organisms in a particular area at a particular time make up a
18. Organisms that undergo sexual reproduction
A) require another organism to reproduce.
B) do not require energy to reproduce.
C) produce offspring that are different from each other.
D) produce offspring that are identical to each other and to the parent.
E) are usually very complex.
19. Fungi are classified into which domain?
20. When examining the hierarchy of life, which of the following terms is most inclusive?
D) populationE) species
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support