1) Briefly present the significance and clinical usage of neuromuscular blocking agents.
2) Describe the difference between centrally active muscle relaxants and directly acting skeletal muscle relaxants.
3) Describe and compare the mechanism of action of depolarizing and nondepolarizing agents. What type of receptors are they interacting with?
4) Using baclofen as an example of antispasticity drug, explain the mechanism of action on muscle fibers and reflexes. How different is the action of benzodiazepines, such as diazepam which also has antispasticity effect?
5) Does baclofen cross blood-brain-barrier or not? What is a major clinical application for baclofen?
6) Briefly present the most common side effects of neuromuscular blocking drugs. Why some of them can cause hypertension or arrhythmias?
7) What side effects are directly related to long-term use of neuromuscular blocking agents?
8) Present the most common drug-drug interactions between neuromuscular blocking agents and other drugs.
9) Briefly describe the mechanism of action of local anesthetics. Can they act on neurons in PNS?
10) Briefly describe the major factors affecting the rate of onset of clinical anesthesia? What is a benefit using vasoconstrictors with local anesthetics?
11) Analyze the process of synthesis, metabolism, storage and release of histamine.
12) Briefly present the action of inhibitors of degranulation and histamine release from mast cells and basophils. Why classic antihistamines are called selective H1 receptor antagonist?
13) Describe the major characteristics and actions of antihistamines. What is a difference between first and second generation of antihistamines?
14) Compare the actions of H1 and H2 receptor antagonists.
15) Analyze the process of synthesis, metabolism, storage and release of eicosanoids.
16) Briefly describe the mechanism of action and pharmacokinetics of eicosanoids.
17)What side effects are directly related to long-term use of eicosanoids?
The common side effects of long term usage of the neuromuscular agents include following toxicity or alteration in the physiological conditions:Prolonged apnoea in many cases, which leads to respiratory paralysis in many a cases Flushing in the patients taking neuromuscular blocking agents for long term usage. This includes release of heat from facial region, warming of nose and ear pinna. The symptom is more common in d tubocurarine and occasionally appearing in case of agents such as mivacurium and atracurium.
The most common side effect include reduction in blood pressure and collapse of cardiovascular functioning. The form of symptom is more common in case of patients having a history of hypovolemic condition. Cardiac arrhythmias is more common in patients taking depolarizing effects such as suxamethonium (depolarizing agents). The reason is associated with the release of intracellular K+ ions, when the patient is either having hyperkalemia condition or is having soft tissue injury related
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers