This is a 12-point assignment. The objective of this assignment is to spend hours thinking and understanding the chemistry, water, and carbon properties, biological molecules, organelle function and plasma membrane structure and physiology. Remember, there are many more questions that can be asked of you than just these 24 questions. Think about the question, and after you have answered, think about all the different ways that I could ask the same question and think about all the other parts. For example, if I ask about “dehydration synthesis” only, don’t stop there. You’ll want to study the other process as well- “hydrolysis.” The more time you spend looking at these concepts, the more comprehension you’ll achieve. This assignment can act as a study tool and should aID towards your overall study time for Unit 1.
INSTRUCTIONS: The easiest way to complete this assignment is to type in your answer below each question. (Hit the enter key to make some space) Please type your ANSWERS in BLUE for easy reading. Save this document either as a PDF or .docx, either way is fine. Upload to dropbox on BB by the assigned date which can be found on the announcement page on BB. You will be given zero points for this assignment if it is turned in 1 minute past the due date but can be turned in up to two weeks early. My advice, turn it in at least one day early. Do not email it to me.
1. How many valence electrons does carbon have?
2. What is the type of attraction between the H H O in H2O (water)?
3. What is the difference between ionic, polar covalent, non-polar covalent, and hydrogen bonding? Don’t just look up the definition- rather, understand.
4. Can you identify the solute, solvent, and solution in sugar water?
5. What does a solution have lots of if it is an acidic solution?
6. What does a solution have lots of if it is a basic solution?
7. How many protons does oxygen have?
8. What is the difference between a cis-isomer and a trans-isomer?
9. Can you name off the seven functional groups?
10. The chemical structure COOH is which functional group?
11. Is glucose a monosaccharide, a monomer, or a carbohydrate?
12. Do you know the 4 main polysaccharides? What are they?
13. What is the difference between a triglyceride and a fatty acid?
14. What are the 4 main types of lipids?
15. C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-H Is this a leg of a saturated or unsaturated fat?
16. What exactly does dehydration synthesis mean?
17. What does a primary protein look like?
18. What is the function of the smooth ER?
19. Do products flow from Golgi to ER or ER to Golgi?
20. How are lysosomes, digestive enzymes, and food vacuoles work together?
21. Of all the different kinds of cell junctions, which one acts like silicone/caulking?
22. If you place one red blood cell floating in a glass of pure water, would you call the inside of the cell hypertonic or hypotonic? What will soon happen to the red blood cell?
23. Is facilitated diffusion active or passive transport?
24. How is pinocytosis different from phagocytosis?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers