1. This method can be used to serilize a liquid media without harmingheat labile ingredints:
d. cold filtration
e. aIDition of ethylene oxide to the media
2. Consider two parallel cultures. They are in all ways identicalexcept that one contains test substance X. You observe that abacterium you are studying grows equally well in both media.Therefore, test substance X is ___________.
An essential nutrient
Not a nutrient
3. A microbe uses CO2 as its sole source of carbon and oxidizes H2 asits source of energy, to which nutritional group does this microbebelong?
4. A mutant bacterium does not produce a functional hydroxamate. Thisbacterium would have difficulty obtaining ___________.
5. A medium containing methylene blue and incubated at 55º Cenriches for ______.
Hyperthermophilic gram negatives
Thermophilic gram negatives
Thermophilic gram positives
6. Bacterium A has a growth rate constant of 4doubles/hour. Bacterium B has a generation time of0.25 hours/double. Which bacterium grows faster?
A grows faster than B
B grows faster than A
A and B grow at the same rate
No conclusion can be made from this data
7. Assume you inoculated 100 cells into 100 ml of nutrient broth. Youthen inoculated 100 cells of the same species into 200 ml ofnutrient broth. After incubation for 12 hours, you should have
More cells in the 100 ml
More cells in the 200 ml
The same number of cells in both.
8. _________ halodurics use K+ as their osmolyte.
9. A medium containing 3.2% NaCl and 0.025% phenethyl alcohol wouldenrich for _________.
10. The value of the minimum inhibitory concentration dependsupon_________.
The microbes intrinsic sensitivity to the antimicrobial
The rate at which the antimicrobial diffuses through the agar
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
11. Which enzyme would be used to neutralize the activity of the[OH·] free radical?
None of the above
12. Which of the following can sterilize?
10% sodium hypochorite solution
All of the above
13. You are developing a new line of protease containing laundrydetergent. You plan on marketing the detergent to the NFL to removegrass and blood stains from their uniforms. You most likelyisolated the protease from which group of bacteria?
14. True or False: Fungi are better osmophiles than most bacteria.
15. The cell density of population of microbes expands six-thousandfold. Approximately how many times did the population double?
16. Thirty-six colonies grew on nutrient agar plate from 500?l ofundiluted sample in a standard plate count. How many cells / mlwere in the original sample?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support