1. In humans most cancers are caused by
A) UV radiation
B) dietary fat
2. A DNA microarray is used to
A) detect the location of genes
B) visualize patterns of gene expression
C) isolate mRNA
D) initiate transcription
3. In a multicellular organism cells in one area of the body may regulate gene expression in a distant cell by secretion of
C) repressor molecules
D) RNA polymerases
4. Which of the following cells is LEAST differentiated?
A) adult stem cells
B) muscle cells
C) nerve cells
D) embryonic stem cells
5. The nucleus of an intestinal cell of a tadpole (baby frog) is transferred to an egg whose nucleus has been removed (nuclear transplantation); some of the eggs will develop into normal tadpoles. This demonstrates
A) that intestinal cells are not differentiated
B) that frogs have large eggs
C) that differentiated cells have retained all of their genetic potential
D) that intestinal cells are embryonic stem cells
6. All of the cells in your body have the same complete set of DNA, however, they have different functions because
A) they contain different chromosomes
B) different genes are switched on and off in each type of cell
C) they contain different operons
D) they contain different sets of genes
7. Regions of noncoding DNA within a gene are called
C) transcription factors
8. The tumor-suppressor gene is important in the prevention of cancer because it
A) contains multiple promoters for over expression
B) produces gene products that prevent uncontrolled cell growth
C) provides protection from cancer-producing virus infection
D) stimulates production of an oncogene
9. A genetic defect in humans results in the absence of sweat glands. Some men express this defect all over their bodies but in women it is usually expressed differently. A woman with this defect typically has small patches of skin with sweat glands and other patches without. This pattern of sweat gland distribution can best be explained by
A) X chromosome inactivation
B) a mutation
C) a homeotic gene
D) alternative RNA splicing
10. The DNA segment that acts as a switch for turning the lac operon off or on is the
B) regulatory gene
C) lactose genes
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers