Part I: A patienthas just left the office after having an outpatient surgery procedure. As you get
ready to put away the patient’s file, you realize that the patient has forgotten to take his
prescriptions and after-care instruction sheets home with him. It is vital for proper healing and
recovery for the patient to have these documents. You know you will have to contact this
patient so you look inside for his contact information and signed HIPAA Release of Information
Questions: Part I
1. Under HIPAA, are you legally allowed to view this patient’s medical information? Why or why not?
2. In this case, how would you be able to correct your error and provide the missing documents to the patient while still protecting patient confidentiality under HIPAA?
3. Besides a HIPAA Patient Release of Information form, list 4 other items that are found in the medical record.
4. Legally, does the patient or the physician/healthcare facility own the medical record? Why?
5. List 3 ways patient confidentiality is maintained in the reception/waiting area of a medical office.
6. A breach of confidentiality can result in what consequences for a health care professional?
7. From the list of Interpersonal Ethics (found in Chapter 1 of the Fremgen text), please describe how any of those traits were demonstrated in your actions in this case scenario?
Part II: A few days later, you’re on the job and answering the phone while the physician you are
working for and your office manager are at lunch. The patient calls back to the office
complaining of immense pain. Since you hate to see patient in pain, you pull the patient’s
record and see that the physician has prescribed the patient pain medication in the past.
Seeing this, you go ahead and order the same prescription for the patient. Later that day, you
find out that the patient has suffered a cardi ac arrest due to a medication interaction
Questions: Part II
1. Would the action taken in this second scenario be within your scope of practice for your chosen field? Why or why not?
2. What determines your scope of practice for your chosen career?
3. Would Respondeat Superior apply in this case scenario? Why or why not?
4. Would the Good Samaritan Law apply in this case scenario? Why or why not?
5. What role does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) play in regards to prescription medication?
6. What role does the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) play in regards to prescription medication and a physician’s ability to prescribe narcotics?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers