Potential energy Kinetic energy Endergonic reaction Exergonic reaction Coupled reaction Enzyme Substrate Activation energy Oxidation Reduction Glycolysis Fermentation Krebs Cycle Electron Transport Chain ATP synthase Stomata Thylakoids Chlorophyll Light reactions Calvin Cycle Carbon fixation
1. As you know, all living things require a source of nutrients. Using animals as an example, explain what these nutrients are used for once they leave the digestive tract.
2. Cyanide is a deadly poison that reacts with hemoglobin in our blood and prevents it from binding oxygen. Cyanide also binds to a molecule in the electron transport chain and blocks the flow of electrons down the c hain. Explain why both these mechanisms will stop ATP synthesis.
3. One of the most common misconceptions about cellular respiration is that we inhale oxygen and that this oxygen is converted to carbon dioxide, which we exhale. Explain what happens to the oxygen we inhale during cellular respiration. Then explain where the carbon dioxide we exhale comes from in cellular respiration.
4. Plants and animals are mutually dependent on each other. Explain the energy -- producing metabolic processes used by plants and animals, and name the products that result. Describe how animals benefit from the products of plant metabolism and how plants benefit from the products of animal metabolism.
5. You perform an experiment using an aquatic plant called elodea to determine whi ch color of light is most effective at driving photosynthesis. You take three plants, immersed under water, and place plant A under blue light, plant B under red light, and plant C under green light. You notice bubbles coming off the leaves. More bubbles a re coming from plants A and B, and few are coming from plant C. Explain how these bubbles are being produced. How do these results determine which color of light is most effective at driving photosynthesis?
6. Plants make ATP during the light reactions of photosynthesis. Why do plants also need to carry out the process of cellular respiration? In your answer, explain what ATP produced from both processes are used
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers