Nursing Assignment: Cirrhosis of the Liver
Cirrhosis of the liver is a common disorder that can severely impact patients’ lives. It is important to consider the many potential causes of cirrhosis and monitor patients that are likely candidates for the disorder. This allows the opportunity for prevention or, in some cases, early intervention. Patient education on prevention is critical because cirrhosis can lead to other serious disorders, including liver cancer. In this Discussion, you further explore causes of cirrhosis and the impact of the disorder on patients.
· Review this week’s media presentations on the gastrointestinal system, as well as the Starr article in the Learning Resources.
· Consider the pathophysiology of cirrhosis of the liver.
· Reflect on potential causes of cirrhosis and select one to be the focus of your Discussion. Consider aIDitional health issues resulting from your selected cause.
· Think about drugs that might be used to slow down the progression of cirrhosis, including treatments for these health issues.
· Consider patient education methods for the prevention of cirrhosis.
Questions to be aIDressed in my paper:
1. An explanation of the pathophysiology of cirrhosis of the liver.
2. Include an explanation of two aIDitional health issues resulting from one cause of cirrhosis.
3. Then, describe drugs that might be used to slow down the progression of cirrhosis, including treatments for these health issues.
4. Explain methods to educate patients on the prevention of cirrhosis.
5. Summary with Conclusion
1) 2-3 pages (aIDressing the 4 questions above excluding the title page and reference page).
2) Kindly follow APA format for the citation and references! References should be between the period of 2011 and 2016. Please utilize the references at least three below as much as possible and the rest from yours.
3) Make headings for each question.
· Huether, S. E., & McCance, K. L. (2012). Understanding pathophysiology (Laureate custom ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
o Chapter 33, “Structure and Function of the Digestive System”
This chapter provides information relating to the structure and function of the digestive system. It covers the gastrointestinal tract and accessory organs of digestion.
o Chapter 34, “Alterations of Digestive Function”
This chapter presents information relating to disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and accessory organs of digestion. It also covers the pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, evaluation, and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and irritable bowel syndrome.
o Chapter 35, “Alterations of Digestive Function in Children”
This chapter presents information relating to disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and liver that affect children. It focuses on congenital impairment, inflammatory disorders, and metabolic disorders, as well as the impairment of digestion, absorption, and nutrition.
Poole Arcangelo, V., & Peterson, A. M. (Eds.). (2013). Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (3rd ed.). Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
o Chapter 28, “Nausea and Vomiting”
This chapter focuses on the etiology of nausea and vomiting, as well as body systems that impact or trigger nausea and vomiting. It also covers various drugs used to treat nausea and vomiting, including the process of selecting, administering, and managing drug therapy for patients.
o Chapter 29, “Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Peptic Ulcer Disease”
This chapter begins with an overview of risk factors, symptoms, and clinical stages of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It then examines drugs used to treat GERD and peptic ulcer disease (PUD), including proper dosages, possible adverse reactions, contraindications, and special considerations.
o Chapter 30, “Constipation, Diarrhea, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome”
This chapter begins by exploring disorders associated with constipation and diarrhea, as well as drugs used in treatment. It also covers the pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome and related drug therapies.
o Chapter 31, “Inflammatory Bowel Disease”
This chapter examines the causes, pathophysiology, and diagnostic criteria of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis. It also identifies drugs used to treat IBD, including proper dosage, adverse reactions, and special considerations.
Starr, S. P., & Raines, D. (2011). Cirrhosis: Diagnosis, management, and prevention. American Family Physician, 84(12), 1353-1359.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
This article examines the clinical presentation, pathophysiology, diagnosis, management, and prevention of cirrhosis. It also provides methods for managing complications of cirrhosis.
Drugs.com. (2012). Retrieved from www.drugs.com
This website presents a comprehensive review of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including information on common uses and potential side effects. It also provides updates relating to new drugs on the market, support from health professionals, and a drug-drug interactions checker.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012e). The gastrointestinal system. Baltimore, MD: Author.
This media presentation outlines the pathophysiology of the gastrointestinal system and associated alterations.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012j). Pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system. Baltimore, MD: Author.
This media presentation outlines drug treatment options for disorders of the gastrointestinal system.
· American Liver Foundation. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.liverfoundation.org/
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved August 10, 2012, fromhttp://www.cdc.gov
· Haymarket Media, Inc. (2012). Monthly prescribing reference [Online database]. Retrieved fromhttp://www.empr.com/
· Institute for Safe Medication Practices. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.ismp.org/
· Medscape. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.medscape.com/
· National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. (2012). Retrieved fromhttp://digestive.niIDk.nih.gov/index.aspx
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers