1. Read the article: Racial Profiling: A Survey of African American Police Officers(Barlow & Barlow, 2002). Using concepts from chapters 1-6 as the basis for your analysis, in a narrative format of 750 or more words, summarize:
(a) the research problem,
(b) the literature review,
(c) data-gathering strategy,
(d) any hypotheses,
(e) the dependent and independent variable in one of the cause-effect relationships tested by the researchers,
(f) how the dependent and independent variable were operationalized,
(g) other variables that should have been measured and/or controlled, and
(h) the key findings and/or policy issues.
2. This research utilized a mixed-methods approach (i.e., quantitative and qualitative). Identify the quantitative aspect, the qualitative aspect, and explain the value of using this approach. Were there any discrepancies or unexpected findings between the two methods (i.e., did the qualitative data contradict or refute the quantitative data)?
3. Briefly sketch out the advantages and disadvantages of using mail surveys, internet surveys, and phone surveys for research. Overall, which survey method do you think is the best? Explain your rationale.
4. Go to the Research Triangle Institute site at THIS LINK. Click on Survey Research and Services and then on Capabilities. Under Data Collection read about the institutes methods for computer-assisted interviewing and mixed-mode data collection. Scroll down, under Methodologies read the section on Questionnaire Design and Evaluation, to learn about innovative techniques including cognitive pretesting. What does this aID to your treatment and understanding of survey research?
5. Appendix A of this article contains the questionnaire on racial profiling that was used for this research. What issues of validity concern you about this questionnaire? What issues of validity concern you about the research article? What questions should have been asked that were omitted? If you were to conduct this research, what would be different? Be detailed in your answer.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers