1. In lecture we discussed plants transitioning from water to land, thus pretend you were this plant clearly identify at least 3 things you need to survive on land. If you were a female what specific structure protects your baby zygote?
2. Land plants have become more complex in structure and function since their first appearance on land. Discuss the progression of aIDed structures and functions of plants as they went fromsingle cell algae to the giant conifers?
3. Why are pteridophytes (ferns) better adapted to dry land than bryophytes? Describe how where they are similar, and what difference(s) cause the pteridophytes to have more of an advantage.
4. What are the two main groups into which flowering plants are divided?
5. Question 1: Three friends, John, Taylor, and Ben go on a hike together through the woods. It is a very cool morning so they all wear coats. Unfortunately, Taylor’s coat gets caught in a plant as they weave their way thru a denser part of the woods. Try as she might, the plant has ripped into her coat and she can’t get free. John and Ben immediately try to help her, but in their haste to help her, they trip on a root and stumble helplessly downhill. John manages to catch himself by purposely running into a small group of upright plants that have a lot of nasty sharp edges growing on them. Ben chooses to avoid those painful looking plants and instead let’s himself fall completely to the ground. Ben fell onto yet another plant with fiendishly sharp defenses and lets out a painful yelp. John at first fears that he will be stuck like Taylor, because his coat has also been ripped into by a plant. However, he finds that what was stuck into him easily separates from the stem of the plant. Oncehe freed himself, Taylor tells him to check on Ben. He helps Ben get up and finds that he had landed but first on a small plant with needle like structures which each come with a small bud looking thing located next to them. He couldn’t find these axillary buds next to the parts that ripped into his and Taylor’s coats. Working together, they finally managed to free Taylor. Once out of the woods they took a look at their coats. John and Ben had a lot of individual pieces of plant that had stuck in them while the structures that got Taylor stuck were all connected. Was it a leaf or stem that Taylor got caught in, what are these structures called? What about Ben? What did John run into? Explain how you know who ran into what.
6. Question 2: Plants have many types of symbiotic relationships with other organism. In class we discussed two involving the roots with a certain type of fungus and bacteria. Name the two organisms and explain what they gain and what the plant gains from this relationship.
7. Am I a stem or root? A monocot or dicot? How can you tell?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support