1. Some cancer drugs such as vinblastine function by preventing formation of the mitotic spindle. The outcome is to ____________ of(in) cancerous cells.
A) prevent chromosomes coiling ready for duplication
B) reinstate the stop/start controls in the cell cycle
C) prevent chromosomes from producing chromatids
D) prevent homologous chromosomes lining up on the metaphase plate
2. Most of the cell cycle is spent in ________________ during which time the cell grows and performs normal functions.
B) S phase
C) G2 phase
D) M (mitotic) phase
3. When an organism is described as haploid this infers that its cells
A) each contain one set of chromosomes
B) each contain half a chromosome
C) each contain two sets of chromosomes
D) each contain an Y chromosome
4. During _________________ of meiosis chromatids of homologous chromosomes exchange genetic material.
A) prophase II
B) anaphase I
C) prophase I
D) anaphase II
5. In a cell containing 20 chromosomes the process of meiosis will result in ___ chromosomes in each cell.
6. Some fungi cells complete mitosis however they do not complete cytokinesis. This would result in
A) large nuclei containing many chromatids
B) large cells containing lots of nuclei
C) many cells each containing one nucleus
D) daughter cells identical to the original cell
7. Which of the following statements best describes a karyotype? A picture showing
A) most pairs of homologous chromosomes including sex chromosomes taken from a skin cell
B) pairs of homologous chromosomes taken from a sperm cell
C) all pairs of homologous chromosomes taken from a skin cell
D) pairs of homologous chromosomes taken from an egg cell
8. Which one of the following occurs during mitosis?
A) Chromosomes are duplicated
B) The cell grows
C) Organelles such as mitochondria are duplicated
D) Chromatids separate
9. The function of meiosis is to generate cells
A) that are identical to the original cell
B) to be used for asexual reproduction
C) to be used in sexual reproduction
D) to be used for tissue repair
10. The general body cells of a Koala bear contain 16 chromosomes. Completion of one cell cycle will result in ______ cell(s) (each) with _____ chromosomes.
A) one; 16
B) two; 32
C) two; 32
D) two; 16
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support