1. Saguaro cacti have 2 L-shaped arms and you have one with arms that are different lengths. Arm length in the cactus is controlled by one gene. Arms of the same length (A) are dominant to arms of a different length (a). What is the genotype of our cactus? If you cross our cactus with your neighbor’s cactus which has arms of the same length and ½ of the offspring have different length arms. What is the genotype of the neighbor’s cactus?
2. The ability to curl your tongue up on the sides (T, tongue rolling) is dominant to not being able to roll your tongue (t). A woman who can roll her tongue marries a man who cannot. Their first child has his father’s phenotype. What are the genotypes of the mother, father, and child? What is the probability that a second child will be a tongue roller?
3. A boy, whose parents and grandparents had normal vision is color blind. What are the genotypes of his mother and his maternal grandparents? (B = normal vision; bb = color blind)
4. The lubber grasshopper is a very large grasshopper, and is black with red and yellow stripes. Assume that red stripes are expressed from the homozygous RR genotype, yellow stripes from the homozygous rr genotype and both from the heterozygous Rr genotype. What will be the phenotypic ration of the F1 generation resulting from a cross of two grasshoppers, both with red and yellow stripes (Rr x Rr)? What would be the genotypic ration of the F1 generation? What phenotypes would be produced by crossing a grasshopper with both color stripes and one with only yellow stripes?
5. Coat color in cats is a codominant trait and is also located on the X chromosome. Cats can be black, yellow or calico. A calico cat has black and yellow splotches. In order to be calico, the cat must have an allele for the black color and an allele for the yellow color. Use a punnet square to show why there are no male calico cats.
6. Consider an individual who has type O blood. Her brother has type AB. Her father’s sister has type AB blood, and her father’s father had a BB genotype. Her mother’s sister has type O blood, and her mother’s brother has type B blood. What are the genotypes of her mother, father and her four grandparents?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support