1. Name the cytokines that regulate growth and maturation in erythrocytes, leukocytes, and megakaryocytes.
2. Distinguish between heme and hemoglobin, and between ferritin and transferrin
3. If you injured your finger by the cut with knife, what mechanisms will act to stop the bleeding?
4. Distinguish between the intrinsic, extrinsic, and common pathways of the coagulation cascade.
5. Describe the role of calcium in the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways.
6. Once platelets are activated to aggregate, what factors halt their activity?
7. Explain the mechanism of activation of fibrinolytic system.
8. Why heparin is a very powerful anticoagulant?
9. Explain why von Willebrand’s disease cause prolonged bleeding after a dental or surgical procedure.
10. A person with O blood type is transfused with type A blood. What happens? Why?
11. What constitutes a universal donor and a universal recipient? What happens when blood from a universal recipient is transfused to universal donor?
12. Why there is no universal donor or universal recipient anymore?
1. Explain how antibodies help to destroy invading bacterial cells.
2. Describe the role of macrophages in activating the specific immune response to antigens.
3. Explain how tolerance to self-antigens may be produced. Also, give two examples of autoimmune diseases and explain their possible causes.
4. A child is stung by a bee for the first time. Why should the parents be particularly alert when the child is stung a second time?
5. Because antibodies are proteins, they are too large to cross cell membranes on transport proteins or through channels. How then do IgA and other antibodies become part of external secretions such as saliva, tears, and mucus?
6. Name the three main types of lymphocytes and their subtypes. Explain the functions and interactions of each group.
7. Why do lymph nodes often swell and become tender or even painful when you are sick?
8. What is meant by the term neuromodulation?
9. HIV is a retrovirus that uses an enzyme called reverse transcriptase to reproduce. New antiretroviral drugs are used to treat pts with AIDS. Why can’t retroviruses reproduce without reverse transcriptase?
10. What correlation can be made between T-cell count and the viral load of HIV in patients with AIDS?
Biochemically Heparin is a socioeconomically that is secrets in the granules of mast cells. Pharmacological heparin acts a potential anticoagulant that catalyzes the coagulation of pro tease by antilogarithm. During the clot formation process, antilogarithm uses to trigger the inhibition of activated coagulation factors. The common pathway in the said process involves factors like thrombi, IXa, Xa and to some extent VIIa, which is inhibited by the antilogarithm. Owing to these process antilogarithm is also popularly substrate for suicide, which executes the mechanism with inhibition of protean activity over particular bond (Arg-Ser). The function of heparin in this context is mediated through the increase in rate of thrombi-antilogarithm reaction. In other words, heparin as a catalytic platform, where both pro tease and inhibitor can bind; and hence the reaction between them can be increased to thousand fold (Leung, Mannucci & Landaw, 2014).
Conformation change in protein is also an important phenomenon that leads to execution of several important pharmacological and signaling related actions. Heparin, upon binding also induces a conformation change in antilogarithm, which in turn leads to more exposure of the reactive binding site to the protean. Furthermore, in the catalysis process of reaction between thrombi and antilogarithm, the heparin molecule will be released from the complex. This molecule is further potent to increase the response rate among other bio molecules. Chemically, heparin molecules contain 200 to 300 Saccharomyces units, which are alternating sequence of D-glucagon acid and N-acetyl-D-glucose. The 3-O-sulfates glucose residues (a specific pentasaccharide) present in heparin, act as one of the specific binding site for antilogarithm. The heparin molecule is containing less than 18 Saccharomyces units does not include such specific binding site and thus are not potent to catalyze the inhibition of thrombi by antilogarithm molecule.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers