Im studying and need help with a Art & Design question to help me learn.
Please report on one well-known or galley-level work of craft, fiber/textile art, high-art fashion or industrial design made between 1945 and 2010 CE. The work can, for instance, be an Eames chair, a Hitomi Hosono porcelain, or a Jagoda Buic fiber work. The work should be three-dimensional and have a use-function, as well as an art function, as noted in your readings. Your report should be at least 400 words, and should include these numbered sections:
1. Image: Post an image or link to your chosen work, with the MLA citation and URL to the source.
2. Material Data: Name the artist/designer (if known), date(s), current location or museum, materials used and size. Note its use(s) and any special production techniques utilized.
3. Formal Analysis: Describe your chosen work using at least four (4) of these categories: Line, Shape and Form, Space, Texture, Value and Light, Color, and Implied Movement (Time), Repetition, Variety, Rhythm, Balance, Compositional Unity, Emphasis, Economy, and/or Proportion.
4. [NEW] Gender/Race/Identity Analysis: This section will require research beyond your readings. Report on how this chosen work reflects on race, identity and/or gender. For instance the work might be meditating on Black, Latino or immigrant experience in America or women’s or LGBT discrimination, or a work that simply reinforces the mainstream White male heterosexual “status quo”. Even if the work does not explicitly deal with these issues, analyze these issues within the work, given its appearance at this time and place. (Note that the artist may not have had the intention to design a work that deals with these global issues, but every work appears in a political context, and therefore makes a comment on these issues).
On these methods see:
Nochlin, Linda (1971). Why Have There Been No Great Women Artists? Women, Art and Power and Other Essays. Westview Press.
https://deyoung.famsf.org/files/whynogreatwomenartists_4.pdf (Links to an external site.)
Race and Identity Sources by Lee and Rachel
http://arthistoryteachingresources.org/lessons/race-and-identity/ (Links to an external site.)
5. Personal Reflections: Why did you choose this work? What are its least and most attractive aspects to you?
6. MLA citations to your research sources.
Initial posting: up to 16 possible points.
Substantial reply to at least two other students: up to 10 possible points
Spelling, grammar, formatting and citations: up to 4 possible points.
TOTAL : 30 possible points
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers
Hello The Homework Helpers Support