macroeconomics- are you good at calculations?.
For a given nation, suppose the following table shows the relationship between real consumption and real disposable income (real GDP):
Real Consumption ($)
Real Disposable Income=Real GDP($)
1. Assume autonomous real investment is $30, autonomous real government spending is $30, and autonomous real net exports is -$20. Compute Aggregate Expenditures at each level of real GDP. What is the value of equilibrium real GDP?
2. What is the value of the marginal propensity to consume?
3. What is the value of the marginal propensity to save?
4. Compute the value of the Keynesian spending multiplier on goods and services.
5. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $6 increase in spending on goods and services by households.
6. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $6 increase in spending on goods and services by the federal government.
7. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $3 decrease in spending on goods and services by state governments.
8. Suppose the equilibrium level of Real GDP decreases by $20. What was the amount of the change in autonomous expenditures which caused this to happen?
9. Compute the value of the Keynesian tax multiplier.
10. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $6 increase in lump-sum taxes.
11. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $3 decrease in lump-sum taxes.
12. Suppose spending on goods and services is increased by $6 and lump-sum taxes are increased by $6. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP.
13. Suppose spending on goods and services is decreased by $3 and lump-sum taxes are decreased by $3. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP.
14. Compute the value of the Keynesian spending multiplier for transfer payments.
15. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $6 increase in unemployment compensation.
16. Give the amount of the change in the equilibrium level of Real GDP due to a $3 decrease in Social Security payments.
17. The federal government passed a one-time tax surcharge to increase tax revenues in 1968 to help pay for the Vietnam War. Was this expansionary fiscal policy, contractionary fiscal policy, or neutral?
Questions 24-27:Given the following hypothetical U.S. Federal income tax brackets and marginal tax rates for single persons for 2011:
Marginal Tax Rates
compute the total tax due AND the average tax rate (ATR) for a single person with taxable income in 2011 (show your calculations!) of
27. Which tax structure is this, based on your values of ATR?
Questions 28-30:For each of the following tax liability schedules, identify whether it represents a progressive, regressive, or proportional tax structure:
Tax Liability #28
Tax Liability #29
Tax Liability #30
32. What is a Phillips Curve? What two rates are being related?
33. What were the aggregate supply shocks to the American economy during the 1970s and early 1980s? How did these shocks affect interpretation of the Phillips Curve?
34. What are the characteristics of the long-run Phillips Curve? How is this curve related to the natural rate of unemployment?
35. Calculate the value of the velocity of money assuming nominal national income is $50,000 and the money supply is $10,000. Explain what this value of velocity which you computed means.
Questions 44-45: Using the Rudebusch version of the Taylor rule from the internet activity, compute the value of the Federal Reserve s target for the federal funds rate should be if
44. inflation rate = 4% and unemployment rate = 5%
45. inflation rate = 1% and unemployment rate = 9%
macroeconomics- are you good at calculations?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers