Gangs in United States and US Fraternities Questions questions and answers for any additional info let me know link attached for multiple choice QUESTION 1
1. According to a study of youth gangs in the United States, intense competitiveness,
mistrust of others, self-reliance, social isolation, and strong survival instinct are
characteristics of a(n) __________ personality.
According to the kinship diagram, if you follow a patrilineal kinship system, then which of the following
letters would be in your kinship group?
1. Studies of U.S. fraternities show that __________.
a sense of privilege among members is linked to the age and history of their
gynophobic behavior is typical of the entire fraternity system
they socialize members into behavior that is associated with cultures that assign a
high value to competition
very few similar institutions exist in other cultures
1. In the documentary “Traditional Marriage in India”, higher education among the youth
was the result of which demand?
the demand for higher skilled labor by elders
the demand for gender equality by the government
the demand for economic independence by women
the demand for “smarter” women by men
1. Below-replacement-level fertility (resulting in population decline) is much more
commonly found among __________ societies.
1. A structurist view of youth gang violence sees it as a result of __________.
lack of proper child socialization
absence of a father figure in the family
poverty and constricted economic opportunities
1. Arranged marriage is typically a negotiated alliance between?
two potential spouses only
two kinship groups
two political parties
1. The form of kinship descent in which a son typically inherits his property from his
maternal uncle is common among:
matrilineal descent groups
patrilineal descent groups
cognatic descent groups
bilateral descent groups
1. Marriage of one woman to several brothers is called:
1. Restricting marriage to only allowing marriage with those of a different social group from
your own is:
1. All systems based on inequality (such as “race,” caste, etc.), regardless of their local
specificities, share which of the following features?
Physical characteristics (strength, intelligence) of the dominant group differ from
Underprivileged groups accept the status quo (never takes risks).
The position of the dominant group is maintained by belief alone.
People are relegated to particular levels of privilege, entitlement or expectations.
1. In the documentary “Traditional Marriage in India”, if a boy and girl from the same
village were to marry each other, this would be a violation of which marriage rule?
all of the above
none of the above
1. What is the term for a marriage between a woman and her dead husband’s brother?
1. Most Americans name their relatives (not distinguishing aunt, uncles, and cousins by
different sides of the family) along the same lines as which kinship system.
1. All avunculocal residence patterns follow what type of kinship recognition?
According to the kinship diagram, Ego (square) represents?
1. Your father’s sisters’ children and your mother’s brothers’ children are your
aunt and uncle
niece and nephew
1. Which of the following is an ascribed status?
prime minister of England
president of the United States
Olympic medal winner
Queen of England
1. In the documentary “Traditional Marriage in India”, the fact that women leave the family
of their birth to live with their groom’s family is an example of which residence pattern?
1. Marriage exchange in which the bride inherits (brings with her) some wealth from her
own kin is called?
a good idea
1. In most industrial/digital societies, a person’s class position is __________.
determined by ethnicity
closely correlated with his/her religion
usually measured in terms of income level
1. In the article entitled “How Many Fathers are Best for a Child,” the Barí believe a
pregnant woman acquiring a second “husband” is believed to prevent:
1. The intangible “resource” gained from groups of people coming together to form
organized action, like a union for example, is called __________.
1. Social ranking on the basis of caste is __________.
of great ritual importance in India but has no economic or political importance
an example of a primary social group
an ascribed system
no longer an operational social system in India
According to the kinship diagram, if you follow a matrilineal kinship system, then which of the following
letters would be in your kinship group?
1. Marriage exchange in which the groom’s kin pays the bride’s kin group is called?
1. __________ is the term for the ability to make others do what they would otherwise not
want to do.
According to the kinship diagram, married couples are represented by
1. The term used to refer to groups of people who are displaced or dispersed from their
original homeland is a __________.
According to the kinship diagram, letter S represents your
1. Marriage exchange in which the groom works for the bride’s kin group is called?
1. Preferential cousin marriage is an example of:
1. A residence pattern in which the married couple lives in a different community from the
kin groups of either the groom or the bride is called:
1. What is the anthropological term for a marriage in which one man has multiple wives?
1. The Roma, an ethnic group historically marginalized due to their nomadic lifestyle, were
traditionally called __________.
1. A residence pattern where the married couple lives near one kin group for a time and
then permanently with the other is called:
1. A common feature of people who take on “third gender roles” among Native American
cultures, like the berdache, is __________.
their exclusion from the wider society
their general acceptance by society
a higher than usual rate of mental illness
their prominence in political leadership roles in their groups
1. The form of kinship in which a member traces both their mother and father’s ancestry is
called ______ descent.
1. Which of the following is an example of a consanguineal family member?
1. Which of the following is a third gender category in India?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Revising your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you with unlimited number of revisions in case you need any customization of your academic papers